An Expositional Sermon
“The Raging of the Nations”
(1) The Nations Rage (Daniel 11:1-45)
(2) The Nations Rage against God by Raging Against His People (Daniel 11:20-35)
(3) God Is Sovereign Over the Raging of the Nations (Daniel 11:1-45)
(1) How should we live in what feels like an ever changing world?
(2) How should our hearts respond as we see so much of the trouble in this world that comes from the ever changing circumstances we see?
(3) Why do the nations rage? (hint: read Psalm 2)
(4) How is the raging of the nations a snapshot of our hearts? (hint: read James 4:1-2a)
(5) Why do the nations hate God and His people? (hint: read John 15:18-22)
(6) Why does the world hate being convicted of sin?
(7) How does an understanding of God’s sovereignty help us fight against apathy and laziness?
(8) How does an understanding of God’s sovereignty help us fight against being overcome with fear and despair?
(9) How does the knowledge of God’s working all things according to the counsel of His will (Ephesians 1:11) encourage us as we see so much turmoil in this world?
(10) How is God’s sovereignty an encouragement to you?
(11) How does a knowledge of God’s sovereignty encourage our perseverance?
Romans 8:37-38 “…in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”