Theme: God redeems His people.
Aim: Put your hope in God’s redemption through Ruth’s great-great grandson; King David’s greater Son, Jesus Christ.
(1) A Proper Redeemer (Ruth 4:1-6)
(2) God’s Promise (Ruth 4:7-12)
(3) A Marriage (Ruth 4:13-17)
(4) Genealogy of Another Redeemer (Ruth 4:18-22)
Theme: God’s people are refugees who take refuge in God by seeking a Redeemer and waiting for redemption.
Aim: Take refuge from the trials of this world and from God’s eternal wrath in the Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
(1) The Lord Is a Refuge (Ruth 2:1-13)
(2) God’s People are Refugees (Ruth 2:14-23)
(3) God’s People Pursue a Redeemer (Ruth 3:1-15)
(4) God’s People Waiting for Redemption (Ruth 3:16-18)
Theme: In the midst of sin and suffering, God is kind in His providence to draw His people to Himself with good news.
Aim: Trust in the good news of God’s provision of salvation through the living water and bread of life, Jesus Christ
(1) Suffering (Ruth 1:1-5)
(2) God’s Providential Kindness (Ruth 1:6-18)
(3) Hope (Ruth 1:19-22)