An Expositional Sermon
2 Timothy 4:1-5
“Preach the Bible”
Theme/Big Idea: Paul is testifying to Timothy so that he would preach the Word no matter what he faces.
Aim/Appropriation/Application: Pray that God would help you to think rightly about preaching and the role that it plays in your life, but also our life together as a church.
(1) A Solemn Charge (2 Timothy 4:1)
(2) Preach the Word (2 Timothy 4:2)
(3) What We Should Expect (2 Timothy 4:3-5)
Questions for Further Study and Application:
(1) What would many in our culture say about what it means to “preach”?
(2) What keeps a man going in the midst of opposition and false teachers? What can keep a man faithful when the people reject him?
(3) What is preaching? How would you define it? How was it defined in this sermon according to this particular text?
(4) As elders “elder” they are God’s instruments (insomuch as they are faithful to God’s Word) of exposing things about us. Is this one of your expectations from someone who is preaching the Word?
(5) Do you give yourself to hearing the preaching of God’s Word well?
(6) What are some ways that you can give yourself to the hearing of the preaching of the Word better?