An Expositional SermonMatthew 28:1-15“Resurrection” Big Idea: Jesus rose again from the dead.Application: Trust that Jesus’ resurrection happened and secured the justification His people. (1) A Trustworthy Account of the Third Day, The First Day of the Week(2) Jesus Rose from the Dead(3) More than Just Disciples Witnessed the Resurrection(4) Jesus Resurrection Frees us to Love…
An Expositional SermonMatthew 16:1-12“The Only Sign We Need Is Jesus’ Resurrection” Big Idea: The only thing that we need to believe that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah and Savior of the world is His resurrection.Application: God has given us all that we need in His Word to repent and believe, give your life to…
An Expositional Sermon Daniel 1:1-12:13 Old Testament Overview Sermon “A More Powerful Kingdom” Big Idea/Theme: God’s kingdom is a more powerful kingdom than the kingdoms of this world. Application/Aim: Repent and believe in the Son of Man, and in the face of the raging of the nations that we see in this fallen world, don’t lose hope…
An Expositional Sermon Daniel 12:1-13 “Blessed Is He Who Waits & Arrives” Big Idea/Theme: God will bring history to a close in final judgment adjudging the wicked to endless punishment and the righteous to endless joy. Application/Aim: Pray that God would preserve us to the end and that in the face of trials and persecutions each of…
Theme: Jesus Christ is the Son of Man in Daniel 7 and He is our only hope.
Aim: Be reconciled to God, repent and believe in the Son of Man, Jesus Christ.
(1) The Clouds of Heaven (Daniel 7:13-14)
(2) One Like a Son of Man (Daniel 7:13-14)
(3) Presented to God (Daniel 7:13-14)
(4) Jesus Christ (Matthew 13:41-43; 16:13-20, 27-28; Acts 1:6-11; 7:55-56; Hebrews 10:14)
A Topical Sermon This time of year is often called “Advent” which means the time that we wait for the coming of Jesus in His birth. But there’s more to it than that. Even now we wait. Jesus, fully God and fully man, is going to come back one day. This Christmas remember how Jesus…
Theme: Only God can save us from fire.
Aim: Put your hope in Christ alone for salvation from the threats of this world, but also in the face of God’s eternal wrath.
(1) Ratted Out & Facing Rage (Daniel 3:8-15)
(2) Response: Faith (Daniel 3:16-18)
(3) God Saves (Daniel 3:19-25)
(4) There is No Other God (Daniel 3:26-30)
Theme: Though God’s covenant people struggle with unbelief as they wait, God keeps His promises.
Aim: “Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!” (Psalm 27:14)
(1) Faith & Unbelief in God (Genesis 21:1-33)
(2) Faith that God Can Raise the Dead (Genesis 22:1-23)
(3) Faith that God Will Fulfill His Promises (Genesis 23:1-25:18
Theme: Christ rose from the dead.
Aim: Pray that God would strengthen our faith in Christ’s resurrection and help us to fight for hope in an often hopeless world, because of the resurrection.
Jesus’ resurrection was…
(1) On The First Day of the Week (Mark 16:1-2)
(2) Unexpected (Mark 16:3-5, 8)
(3) Was Powerfully Able to Save (Mark 16:6-7)