An Expositional Sermon
Big Idea/Theme: God’s Word is an expression of His love for His people.
Application/Aim: Embrace the love of God for His people by trusting in Jesus Christ.
(1) God’s Word Points Us to His Love for Us in Jesus Christ (Daniel 9:20-23)
(2) God’s Promises Are Fulfilled in Jesus Christ (Daniel 9:24)
- (A) First description of the 70 weeks in v. 24: 6 promises to be accomplished
- (B) Second description of the 70 weeks in vv. 25-27: Historical things that will happen.
- (A) 70 Weeks, Part 1: 7 Weeks – rebuilding of Jerusalem & coming of anointed one
- (B) 70 Weeks, Part 2: 62 Weeks – continued rebuilding of Jerusalem in “troubled time”
- (C) 70 Weeks, Part 3: 1 Week – anointed one cut off forging a covenant, a prince’s people will destroy Jerusalem. – Last week is described twice.