An Expositional Sermon Psalm 8:1-9 “God’s King Has Dominion” Theme/Big Idea: God’s people give Him praise for His majestic name in creating man and fulfilling His promise of giving dominion in Jesus Christ. Aim/Appropriation/Application: Grow in praise of Yahweh for His majesty displayed in the heavens and in all the earth, and in crowning humanity with glory…
Theme: Fearing God rejects self-worship with money and embraces sacrificial worship.
Aim: Be caught up in the beauty of worshipping Christ with your whole life.
(1) Jesus Messes With Our Lives (Mark 14:1-2)
(2) True Beauty – Worshiping Christ (Mark 14:3-9)
(3) True Betrayal – Worshiping Ourselves (Mark 14:10-11)
Theme: Only a love rooted in something that can never change can bring everlasting joy.
Aim: Love the Lord heart, soul, mind, and strength (Deuteronomy 6:5; 10:12; 11;13; 13:3; 30:6; Joshua 22:5; 1 Kings 8:23; 2 Chronicles 6:14; Matthew 22:37; Mark 12:30; Luke 10:27; etc.)
(1) Joy Is Connected to the Church (Philippians 4:1)
(2) Joy Empowers Reconciliation (Philippians 4:2-5)
(3) Joy Leads to Prayer & What We Think About (Philippians 4:6-9)
(4) Joy in Christ Leads to Contentment (Philippians 4:10-13)
(5) Joy Is Rooted in the Glory of God (Philippians 4:14-20)
(6) The Gospel Fuels Joy (Philippians 4:21-23)