An Expositional Sermon
“Blessed Is He Who Waits & Arrives”
(1) God Wins! (Daniel 12:1-3)
(2) Resurrection & Final Judgment (Daniel 12:2-4)
(3) Blessed Is the Man Waits & Arrives (Daniel 12:5-13)
(1) What motivates you to get out of bed each morning?
(2) What are you living for? For whom should you be living?
(3) How is considering God’s promises for the end of time relevant to our lives today?
(4) Do you feel like darkness reigns, do you feel that there is only sadness in this world and that because of that it must disprove that God exists? Don’t let how you feel or what others say steal your hope in God’s promises to His people.
(5) What are some reasons why we ought to be confident in God’s promise of the resurrection of the dead? (Hint: God said He would raise the dead, and Jesus raised the dead and rose from the dead Himself!)
(6) When you walk around and see friends and family, do you live in light of eternity? Though we may die, do you know that we will all be raised? Pursue not only what leads to temporal pleasure, but labor for joy and eternal pleasure of those you love – tell them about the gospel.
(7) Today, how do you see how your hope in the final resurrection and glorification of God’s people affects your life?
1 Peter 1:10-12 “Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.”