An Expositional Sermon
Daniel 1:1-12:13 Old Testament Overview Sermon
“A More Powerful Kingdom”
Big Idea/Theme: God’s kingdom is a more powerful kingdom than the kingdoms of this world.
Application/Aim: Repent and believe in the Son of Man, and in the face of the raging of the nations that we see in this fallen world, don’t lose hope in the promises of God to His people.
(1) God Is Sovereign Over the Past & Present (Daniel 1:1-6:28)
(2) God Is Sovereign Over the Future (Daniel 7:1-12:13)
Questions for Further Reflection:
(1) Do you believe that God is powerful enough to keep His promises? Can you name one specific decision that you have made recently that you made particularly because of your trust in God?
(2) How would you respond if God said this to you? Luke 12:20-21 “This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?”
(3) What would it take to drive you to repentance and faith in Christ? Is there anything you wouldn’t be willing to give up in order to follow Christ?
(4) Do you believe that God is sovereignly working in all things for the good of His people and for the sake of His glory? Why or why not? If you don’t is it because of something you’ve read in Scripture, or because you just don’t like the sound of it? If you do, what ways does this bring you comfort in the face of a troubled world?
(5) At the final resurrection will you be found with the wicked or the righteous? Why? Is that where you want to be? What might it take for you to put your trust in Christ alone and be counted as one of God’s people.
(6) If you’re not a Christian, will you turn from your sin and put your trust in Jesus Christ?
(7) If you’re a Christian, will you turn again today from your sin and persevere in putting your trust in the substitutionary death and resurrection of Christ?