An Expositional Sermon Matthew 7:7-11 “God Is Generous” Big Idea: Jesus is teaching us that God the Father is a generous God. Obey the command of Jesus Christ to ask for His kingdom, seek His kingdom and knock on the door of His kingdom trusting that He will give it to His people through faith in…
An Expositional Sermon Psalm 10:1-18 “God Is the Eternal King” Theme/Big Idea: God won’t let suffering and injustice last forever. Aim/Appropriation/Application: Go to God with your difficulties, and put your hope in His eternal rule when trials come. Outline: (1) God’s People Take Their Questions to God (Psalm 10:1) (2) God’s People Take Their Complaints to God (Psalm 10:2-11)…
An Expositional Sermon 1 Timothy 4:1-5 “Disordered Devotion” Theme/Big Idea: The reason that we let the God’s Word shape the church is because the church belongs to God and is a visible display of the gospel. Aim/Appropriation/Application: Pray that God would bear the fruit of unity from His Word that can only come from the hope of…
An Expositional Sermon Jude 17-23 “A Corporate Call to Perseverance” Theme/Big Idea: Contend for the faith and fight for the sake of the gospel together. Aim/Appropriation/Application: Fight together for the faith once for all delivered to the saints. Outline: (1) Contend for the faith together through remembering (Jude 17-18) (2) Contend for the faith together through remaining…
An Expositional Sermon 1 Timothy 2:1-7 “Church and State” Theme/Big Idea: God calls us to pray for all so that we might live quiet and godly lives. Aim/Appropriation/Application: Let’s resolve to pray like this as a church because our hope is in the Mediator, Jesus Christ. Outline: (1) Pray for All Men (1 Timothy 2:1) (2) Pray for All in High…
Theme: Our fears are removed as we trust in Jesus Christ, the King of kings.
Aim: Reject the kings of this world, and to have Christ as your king.
(1) Worldly Kingdoms Cower in Fear (Daniel 2:1-13)
(2) God Alone Reveals Truth (Daniel 2:14-23)
(3) King Jesus Crushes our Fears (Daniel 2:24-49)
Theme/Aim: Pray that God would be pleased by our prayers, that he would protect us from ourselves, that would give us friends who correct us, and that He would be our refuge.
(1) Pray about Prayer (Psalm 141:1-2)
(2) Pray for Protection from Yourself (Psalm 141:3-4)
(3) Pray for Friends Who Will Correct You (Psalm 141:5-7)
(4) Seek Refuge in Yahweh (Psalm 141:8-10)
Theme: God is our hope of salvation in the face of evil and wickedness.
Aim: Be encouraged that God is more powerful than what comes against us, and praise God that He is more powerful than our sin and our wickedness.
(1) Prayer for Deliverance and Defense (Psalm 140:1-3)
(2) The Lord Is the Strength of Our Salvation (Psalm 140:6-8)
(3) Prayer for God to Judge the Wicked (Psalm 140:9-13)
(4) Christ is the Fulfillment of this Psalm
Theme: God will keep His promises and He will hold His people fast.
Aim: Build your hopes in the promises of God, and have the Lord as your fear.
(1) God Elects (Genesis 25:19-34; Malachi 1:2-3; Romans 9:13)
a. Pray God’s promises (Genesis 25:21; 32:9-12)
(2) God Is His People’s Fear (Genesis 26:1-35)
(3) God Fulfills His Promise Through and To Sinners (Genesis 27:1-28:22)
(4) God Gives Jacob a Family (Genesis 29:1-31:55)