An Expositional Sermon
“Christ the King” (New Testament Overview Sermon)
Theme/Big Idea: King Jesus Christ came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28).
Aim/Appropriation/Application: Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Matthew 4:17) and go make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20).
(1) Introducing King Jesus (Matthew 1:1-4:25)
(2) King Jesus Has Authority as a Teacher & Healer (Matthew 5:1-9:38)
(3) King Jesus’ People Face Opposition (Matthew 10:1-12:50)
(4) The Way of the King’s People (Matthew 13:1-16:15)
(5) King Jesus Builds His Kingdom People in the Church (Matthew 16:16-18:35)
(6) God’s Judgment Is Coming for Rejecting the King (Matthew 19:1-25:46)
(7) The King Dies, Rises Again, and Commissions His People (Matthew 26:1-28:20)