An Expositional Sermon Psalm 4:1-8 “God Is Our Trust” Theme/Big Idea: The joy and peace of God’s people is rooted in God, not their circumstances. Aim/Appropriation/Application: Have God as the only source of your joy and peace in the face of the temptation to believe that these things come from men. Outline: (1) God Is the Source…
An Expositional Sermon 1 Timothy 5:17-25 “Honor Elders” Theme/Big Idea: Christians honor elders who rule well and follow the Bible in correcting and installing them. Aim/Appropriation/Application: Honor the elders that the Lord has given you in your church as an expression of your honor to God. Our hope ultimately isn’t in ourselves, or in men who would serve us as…
An Expositional Sermon Daniel 11:1-45 “The Raging of the Nations” Big Idea/Theme: The nations rage, but God works all things according to the counsel of His will. Application/Aim: Persevere in trusting in Christ in the midst of this troubled world. Outline: (1) The Nations Rage (Daniel 11:1-45) (2) The Nations Rage against God by Raging Against His…
An Expositional Sermon Title: “God’s Word Strengthens His People” Big Idea/Theme: God’s Word strengthens His people. Application/Aim: Christians, followers of Christ, this is a dangerous world, don’t despair, don’t be afraid of fearful things, because of God’s love for you in Christ. And if you’re here this morning and you’re not a Christian, run from the scary…
Theme: God is the sovereign King of kings.
Aim: Be ready to give an account to God for your life, repent and believe in Jesus Christ (cf. Luke 12:20-21).
(1) Unbelief Always Turns to Fear (Daniel 5:1-9)
(2) God’s People Have a Reputation (Daniel 5:10-12)
(3) An Inheritance of Pride – Pride Part 2 (Daniel 5:13-23)
(4) The King’s Word of Warning (Daniel 5:24-31)
Theme: Our fears are removed as we trust in Jesus Christ, the King of kings.
Aim: Reject the kings of this world, and to have Christ as your king.
(1) Worldly Kingdoms Cower in Fear (Daniel 2:1-13)
(2) God Alone Reveals Truth (Daniel 2:14-23)
(3) King Jesus Crushes our Fears (Daniel 2:24-49)
Theme: God will keep His promises and He will hold His people fast.
Aim: Build your hopes in the promises of God, and have the Lord as your fear.
(1) God Elects (Genesis 25:19-34; Malachi 1:2-3; Romans 9:13)
a. Pray God’s promises (Genesis 25:21; 32:9-12)
(2) God Is His People’s Fear (Genesis 26:1-35)
(3) God Fulfills His Promise Through and To Sinners (Genesis 27:1-28:22)
(4) God Gives Jacob a Family (Genesis 29:1-31:55)
Theme: Fearing God rejects self-worship with money and embraces sacrificial worship.
Aim: Be caught up in the beauty of worshipping Christ with your whole life.
(1) Jesus Messes With Our Lives (Mark 14:1-2)
(2) True Beauty – Worshiping Christ (Mark 14:3-9)
(3) True Betrayal – Worshiping Ourselves (Mark 14:10-11)
Theme: Jesus has authority, our sin is responsible for His death, and the fear of man is a roadblock to Christ.
Aim: Submit to the authority of Jesus, see how your sinful heart is deceived to love sin, see how your fear and dishonesty with God can stand in the way of your relationship with God through Christ.
(1) Do You Reject Authority? (Mark 11:27-33)
(2) Would You Kill Jesus? (Mark 12:1-11)
(3) What Are You Afraid Of? (Mark 12:1)