An Expositional Sermon
“God’s Glory in Creation & Word”
Theme/Big Idea: God is glorified in creation, in His Word, and in redeeming a people in Jesus Christ.
Aim/Appropriation/Application: Pray that God would help us to sing more fully of God’s glory in the things He has made and done, that we would sing of God’s glory as we behold His Word in the Bible, and most of all that God would ‘give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ'” (2 Corinthians 4:6).
(1) God Is Glorified in His Creation (Psalm 19:1-6)
(2) God Is Glorified in His Word (Psalm 19:7-10)
(3) God Is Glorified in Redeeming a People (Psalm 19:11-14)
Questions for Further Study and Application:
(1) What is the purpose of everything that exists?
(2) How do the heavens and skies specifically communicate that God (1) created it, and that (2) God is glorious?
(3) Why isn’t God’s general revelation in creation unable to communicate how we can be saved?
(4) How does Romans 1:20 and 10:18 connect Psalm 19 to the gospel of Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you treasure God’s Word that shows us how we can be saved from the glorious, creator God? Is it sweet to you? Pray that God would make it so.
(5) What are the six different descriptions for God’s Word in this text?
(6) Do God’s people create His Word or does God create His people by His Word? Why does this matter?
(7) How would you explain how “total depravity” is a helpful description of Psalm 19:12, “How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?” (NLT)
(8) What is the difference between “secret sins” and “presumptuous sin”? Do you regularly ask God to forgive you for your sin like this? Repent, confess and ask God to forgive us?
(9) How has God declared His people “clean” through the gospel of Jesus Christ?
(10) How can you turn from your sin and trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sin today?
(11) How is Jesus Christ the only way to be saved? How is the gospel of Jesus Christ exclusive?